Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Giving Glory to the "One"


Colts 20 Texans 17

Sunday's game between the Colts and the Texans was, according to the sports writers, "anyone's game."  It was indeed a close and exciting game to watch.  It was decided by a field goal and on the front page of Monday's Indianapolis Star was this picture of John Matthew Stover after he scored one of his two of the game.  I just had to chuckle at the Star writer's caption below the photo:  "Matt Stover reacts after scoring a field goal."   I'm not sure that "reacts" quite captures it.  You see, he is giving thanks and glory to God.  Could it be any more obvious?  I mean LOOK at the photo, LOOK at his eyes and LOOK at his index fingers.  He is not JUST making the field goal signal folks.  Thank you Matt for letting us know what you know:   That this game belonged, at least in your mind, to the ONE.

I don't know much about Matt Stover except that he has been in pro football for 20 seasons and has really given the Colts a boost this year filling in for injured kicker Adam Vinatieri.  I don't really know anything about his faith either except what this photo says about it.  I like how his name includes two of the four Gospel writers and, for his courage to witness, I am especially glad that the Colts signed him.  After last Sunday's game, I gotta believe that Tony Dungy, a man not afraid to publicly proclaim the Gospel, is pretty pleased too.   Keep giving it up Matt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment